Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

FS: Zeiss touit 12mm Sony - modified

Started by drtalks ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

FS: Zeiss touit 12mm Sony - modified

5 posts
  1. For sale is a lightly used Sony mount Zeiss Touit 12mm lens.  Glass is in like new condition.  Years ago I sent this to the Zeiss factory in Germany to have the outer flange removed.  This does not affect optical quality in any way but offers the advantage of narrowing the overall width of the lens allowing it to fit inside a wider range of dome ports.  I used the modified lens with the Nauticam 4.33 dome port and later with the Zen 170mm port.  With the latter dome, the modified lens is nice as you can mount the lens on the camera first then attach the dome.  I learned of this modification from another wetpixel member who also uses the lens with the 4.33 dome port as a compact travel rig.  

    In reading other manufacturer port charts such Fantasea and Seafrogs,  it appears the modified lens will fit in some of their ports previously not listed for this lens such as the SeaFrogs 6" port and Fantasea's FML Dome Port A6.  The modified lens has a new diameter of approximately 6.25 cm so any port that can fit the Sony 16mm pancake lens (similar width) will likely accept the modified Zeiss 12mm.   Lens comes with all original packaging material.  Can provide a copy of the letter I received from Zeiss after the modification. 

    I'm selling as I've finally decided to move on from Sony A6XXX cameras and no longer have a need for the lens.

    Price is $725  free shipping in CONUS.  Paypal OK

      

    IMG_2987.jpg

    IMG_2984.jpg

    IMG_2982.jpg

    IMG_2981.jpg

    IMG_2980.jpg

  2. Price reduced to $625

  3. Price reduced to $575

  4. Price reduced to $525 w/free shipping & PayPal ok

     

  5. Sold.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.