Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Dive into the Mayan Underworld

Started by Xterra ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Dive into the Mayan Underworld

3 posts
  1. Cenote diving Dos Ojos July 2020 near Tulum, Mexico
    Note the Bat Cave at around 1:54
     

    Equipment:
    Sony A7RIII
    Zeiss Batis 18mm f/2.8
    Nauticam Housing NA-A7RIII
    Zen Underwater 170mm Optical Glass Dome
    Fix Neo 3000 DX II Light
    Inon Z-330 Underwater Strobe

    Edited by Xterra
  2. Thanks for posting video.  We'll be down there in Dec, Dos Ojos.  Any tips for diving there?  Is it ok to stray from the guide line for better camera angles?  Did you do a lot shallow breathing to maintain buoyancy?  What were your camera settings?

  3. 7 hours ago, helgromite said:

    Thanks for posting video.  We'll be down there in Dec, Dos Ojos.  Any tips for diving there?  Is it ok to stray from the guide line for better camera angles?  Did you do a lot shallow breathing to maintain buoyancy?  What were your camera settings?

    Just relax is my biggest advise... look around. Get your buoyancy right when you get in the water.  Depending on your guide you may stray away from the line but not too far. I had a one on one. It may be different if you are in a group.

    I placed my A7R3 into video mode Auto, I had all LIGHTS FULL on and in post video adjusted some color.

    I took photos in the first Ojo and the second Ojo I took video. Hope it helps.

    Enjoy the dives

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.