Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Bayonet Mounting Systems Compatibility

Started by Pomacentridae ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Bayonet Mounting Systems Compatibility

4 posts
  1. I am looking to convert to a bayonet mounting system. Wanted to know if the different brands (Nauticam, Inon, AOI) are compatible with each other?

  2. Re lens port bayonets, each manufacturer uses  a different system. For example, Subal ports have 2 bayonet pins or tongues, Sea & Sea 3, Nauticam 8, there is no standard port system.  

    Some manufacturers adopt the bayonet design of others, for example, Isotta uses the Sea&Sea 3 bayonets, and also makes adapter rings to accept other ports, say from Subal.  

     

    Edited by Kraken de Mabini
  3. I think the OP was talking about wet lens bayonet mounts. I don't think they are cross compatible, but I don't use one, so I'm not certain.

  4. All incompatible. Even within a manufacturer you need to be careful because they have different generations that may not be backward compatible.

    However, screw threads are pretty standardised, so you can fit a screw thread lens from A with a bayonet adapter from B.

    The difficulty arises when a lens comes with the bayonet built in. You don't have any choice what it can bayonet onto.

     

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.