Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Found an interesting camera battery charger

Started by Iris Divee ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Found an interesting camera battery charger

3 posts
  1. I am wondering what kind of camera battery charger do you guys use. Just now I found an interesting camera battery charger from xtar. Although I knew this brand for vaping battery and chargers. Their camera charger model named vn2. The charging plate is removable. Wow, that's amazing! It is available for 4 battery type, mainly Canon and Sony. If you have two different cameras, like me, just change the charging plate when you need. I didn’t find a similar one on the market yet. What makes me more impressed is the two bays charging and the digital screen display. The display of real charging status is really necessary for me. How do you think of it? Is it worthy to invite? :)

    Here is the detailed introduction: https://www.xtar.cc/product/XTAR-VN2-Camera-Battery-Charger-146.html

  2. Hi

    Yeah, a novel idea if you have those brands of cameras. I think it was Manfrotto who announced something similar a couple of weeks ago. That one, if I recall correctly, catered for a wider group of cameras.

    I'm not quote sure though just how useful this really is. If you are looking for something that makes travel with two cameras easier, these devices don't seem, to me, to be very travel-friendly. And if you need it for home, the camera makers have already supplied chargers so why would you need something that might do both. Just plug in two chargers around the house.

    Still, that said, a neat for sure

     

  3. I have been using a Watson Duo Charger for the last few years.  it has the changable plates available for $2.00 (USD) each.  I can charge all 3 of my camera batteries on it with the changeable plates, it can even charge two different types of batteries at the same time.  The USB port lets me also charge my dive light at the same time.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.