Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Updated Website

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Updated Website

6 posts
  1. Hello,

    Slight update to website.  It would be great if others could take a look and see if there are any glitches.  Of course open to suggestions to changes.  

    https://aquabluedreams.com/#/page/home/

    Thanks!

  2. Nice shots and very extensive collection of images, all seems to work fine on my desktop.  For me I'd like to see ID's of the subjects, but realise it's a lot of work for an image collection this size. 

    There is a glitch with selecting dive galleries,  the list opnes up with Costa Rica, Cococ and Malpelo islands at top of list, there are galleries above that I can't scroll up to, as I leave the list with the cursor to click on the up button the gallery list disappears.  There is a gap between the top of the gallery selections and the up arrow that can't be crossed.    The net effect is once I've scrolled down I can't scroll back up - I find these sorts of selectors on websites to quite annoying to use.

    With the large number of images a favourites gallery would be worth considering

    Edited by ChrisRoss
  3. Thanks so much! Will review the dive galleries.  The site really is our version of "family 8mm movies", lol.  I thought about cutting down all the galleries to just the "best of" but as I approach 60yrs old I want keep the memories;)

  4. The i button does not appear to be doing anything - I was looking for more info on individual pix like a caption. The site appears to display file names.

    I am re-doing my site as well. Reorganized the section that has scuba diving pix (as opposed to non diving underwater and topside salmon shots) to something more biological so the galleries depicting other things got booted into a travel section. However I was able to merge similar warm and cold water subjects like jellies into one gallery. How to organize ones website is not without its challenges!

    Edited by Tom_Kline
  5. Chris, so played with the Dive Galleries and can't find a way to scroll through them.  It is touchy but if you take your cursor to the bottom or top of the galleries an up/down arrow appears that will then scroll.

    Tom, you join others in wanting captions.  I'm a little burned out on the site right now.  But the way covid is going I will probably have time.

  6. 3 hours ago, NWDiver said:

    Chris, so played with the Dive Galleries and can't find a way to scroll through them.  It is touchy but if you take your cursor to the bottom or top of the galleries an up/down arrow appears that will then scroll.

    Tom, you join others in wanting captions.  I'm a little burned out on the site right now.  But the way covid is going I will probably have time.

    I can occasionally see the UP arrow but it is separated from the galleries and to get to it I need to cross the BG with the cursor and as soon as it leaves the list - then the list disappears.  I can get to the arrow at the bottom no problems.  I'm using Firefox as my browser.  I suspect it's to do with it being a flash powered site.

    As a workaround you could split the dive galleries into two - I seems about an even split between Asian sites and North/Central America so you could split that way perhaps if the two lists of galleries are small enough then it looks like it they should fit on the screen.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.