Fluorescent coral reefs and marine life really fascinate me! I wonder how to make fluorescence photography underwater. Someone suggested attaching the blue "excitation" filters on the strobe. But I don’t have a strobe. My friend told me that using a UV dive light or blue dive light also can stimulate fluorescence, remove green, yellow, and red wavelengths of white/visible light. May I know using a UV dive light is workable? Has someone tried successfully?
Thanks for your suggestions!
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
How to shoot pictures for fluorescent light photography underwater?
Started by Iris Divee ·
- 2Posts
- 2Replies
Read-only discussion
How to shoot pictures for fluorescent light photography underwater?
2 posts
-
-
Have you seen this Wetpixel Line video:
You need either a blue/UV light source or filter and a yellow filter for your lens. Both of these will be absorbing light so you would probably need a particularly powerful torch to get enough light to take the image, without really pushing the ISO.