Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

how to tell what ports will fit

Started by Dann-Oh ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

how to tell what ports will fit

4 posts
  1. Hey all,

     

    I just ordered the AOI UH-EPL10 (AOI's housing for the Olympus E-PL10 from Backscatter) I am wondering how to tell what ports are compatible with the housing?  I've been quotes a 4" (DPL-06) dome port but for split shots I'm told bigger is better, but AOI doesn't seem to sell a 8in port that will fit my housing.  Any ideas on how to find a different port to fit my housing?

  2. Hey Dann-Oh

    Sorry I can't help on the Olympus dome but no question you need the biggest dome possible for splits (under/overs).

    You would really struggle with a 4" dome and the motion of the water. I'd suggest 8" is the minimum - and even bigger is even better (and even horribly more expensive) 

  3. Dann-Oh,

    Your best bet is to contact Backscatter, they are always very helpful.  I think that the PEN ports are compatible, but not 100% sure.

  4. The housing appears to use the same ports as AOI make for the Olympus PEN mount housings.  AOI make an 8" dome the DLP-07/08 but in the OM-D mount.  They also make an adapter : https://www.aoi-uw.com/products/aoi-ad-lp-01.html

    So you should be able to mount the DLP-07/08 to your housing with the AD-LP-01 adapter, but working out the right extension might be a challenge. the port chart for AOI ports is here:

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiojbmXhYjtAhWFT30KHTWUAQkQFjAAegQIAhAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aoi-uw.com%2Fmedia%2Fwysiwyg%2FAOI_Ports_Chart_for_OLYMPUS_Housings.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1WenfnUg9lE_ObeEBtsx0s

    and as they appear to use olympus focus gears should be applicable to your housing.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.