Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Aquatica D3S Housing and Nikon D3S Body

Started by GeorgeH ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica D3S Housing and Nikon D3S Body

5 posts
  1. I am selling my lightly used Aquatica D3S Housing with virtually unused standard eye piece (I used the Aquatica View Finder). It was $4,190.00 new.

    The housing has 30 dives at the most and has been in storage for over 4 years due to medical issues. Other then scratches on the bottom from Puget Sound’s rocky bottom, it is in excellent condition.

    The housing includes a pair of Nikonos connectors and an Ikelite connector. I ordered Ikelite, it was delivered with Nikonos and they added the Ikelite while keeping the dual Nikonos.

    I will include an unused O-Ring. After 4 years I recommend the battery is changed. The strobe and focus light mounting balls visible in the pictures are NOT included.

    I am the original owner and will ship in the original factory supplied box.

    https://aquatica.ca/en/manuals/d3s.instructions.pdf

    I am also selling my Nikon D3S Body. It is also in excellent condition with all original accessories and unopened documentation.

    I am including two batteries, an assortment of Compact Flash cards including 2 ea. 32 GB cards and 2 ea. 16 GB cards. Also included are 2 ea. CF carrying cases, 2 ea. Lexar USB card readers and 2 ea. Lexar Firewire Card Readers.

    The camera has 86,250 actuations. I used it to shoot sports which is where most of the shutter count came from. I’ve owned every full-sized Nikon Body, currently have a D5 and D850 and the D3S is the most solid feeling and handling body of them all. Low light capability is great and allows shooting without strobes in bright clear water. Of course, strobes will be better. I also have a Really Right Stuff L-Bracket for sale separately.

    Price for the Housing and Camera Body is $2,650.00 plus shipping and any fees. Feel free to make an offer. USA sales only. Local Seattle pickup available.

    Here is a link to more pictures. Click on a thumbnail for larger images.

    https://pbase.com/georger/aquatica_d3s_housing&page=all

    Thank you.

     

    Nikon_D3S_5680_72pi.jpg

    Nikon_D3S_5683_72pi.jpg

    Nikon_D3S_5696_72pi.jpg

    Aquatica_D3S_Housing_5702_72pi.jpg

    Aquatica_D3S_Housing_5705_72pi.jpg

    Edited by GeorgeH — Edited link to hosted images, typos.
  2. If you currently shoot Aquatica and would like to move up to Full Frame, this might be a good fit.

    Especially if you have top side uses that could take advantage of the D3s AF tracking, high speed burst shooting, and low light capabilities. This camera is made for bird in flight and sports shooting. If you have kids or grandkids that play sports, participate in theater, dance or music, you will be the group photographer so forget about having any free time.

  3. I ordered an Aquatica Housing for my D850, lowering the price to $1,750.00

  4. Price slashed to $1,250.00 Great gear just gathering dust. Buy a Nikon D3S camera in great condition for $1,250.00 and get an Aquatica Housing for free!

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.