Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

How to make it different

Started by Steen Nissen ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

How to make it different

5 posts
  1. Hi everybody. Hermit crabs are quite common everywhere here in Denmark.

    I always seem to shoot them in the same way, and all photos end up looking almost the same. Sometimes it's with a tighter crop, but it's more or less the same photo.

    I would like to see what others make of this very photogenic creature. Hopefully get inspired in a whole new direction.

    This one is shot with Sony A7R4 and Sony 90mm

    _DSC1771.jpg

  2. Maybe try some close focus wide angle with one as the main subject. 

     

    Different lighting?

  3. Hmm, tricky.

    As Lewis88 suggests, maybe use an FE, get it REALLY close for CFWA, open up the aperture/shutterspeed so you can see the background/setting/location - maybe a diver checking out the crab behind the subject?

    Nice pic!

  4. I will try the CFWA when I get may hands on a minidome for my 8-15 FE. I am also thinking about getting the wwl-1 for CFWA with these small creatures, but that's a different topic.

    Thanks for input.

     

  5. If you want to CFWA with an 8-15 FE (I use the Nikkor) you might want to add the Kenko 1.4 TC to get real CFWA. Just watch which model Kenko 1.4 though - there are several variants - and not all work with every lens. 

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.