Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Hot Shoe Plug, where to get one.

Started by Kraken de Mabini ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Hot Shoe Plug, where to get one.

6 posts
  1. Hot Shoe Plug:  Would one of you know who makes and/or where I can buy some Hot Shoe Plugs?

    The photo stores, such as B&H, have compound plugs with add on's, but I just need the plug by itself so I can connect it to a cord or a battery. 

    124780247_3949745085054449_4172474834267788078_n.jpg.2ab5141a6fe8fe46a3a2c026036e4688.jpg

    Edited by Kraken de Mabini
  2. I did some digging on this too, and the best I came up with for a DIY hotshoe was repurposing a $12 Pixel TF-322.   This is how I'm syncing a camera now - I've soldered a few wires to the Pixel and plug them into the Nauticam bulkhead wires inside the housing. 

    The next best thing, as best I could tell, would be to 3d print and buy spring loaded pins. I'm pretty confident this would work great and cost FAR less than retail prices. 

  3. Thank you both for your useful replies.  The idea of printing one and using spring loaded pins, such as pogo pins, is neat.  The units available in photo stores are big, I just need a slim unit that fits in a tight container, such as a small housing.  The units used for flash triggers are what I am hoping to find.

  4. Elias: the cheapest hot shoe adapter I can find is like $10. From hiviz.com

    they make high speed photo gear.

    BVA

     

  5. Thank you, all for the useful suggestions.  

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.