Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Prescription Masks?

Started by SCUBA Hank ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Prescription Masks?

7 posts
  1. Hello Divers,

     

    Do any of you have any recommendations for ordering a Prescription Mask? I am trying to find a reputable company to modify a mask.

     

    Any recommendations or advice on what companies to avoid equally appreciated!

     

    Thanks-

    Scoobz

  2. Thank You Photo Junkie! I just emailed them for a quote! 

    I split my time between Chicago and Fort Lauderdale.. Maybe I'll meet you on a local dive boat someday!

     

    -Hank

  3. I do not dive near home, too cold for this old fart.  I did spend 15 years between Ft. Lauderdale and the Bahamas, mostly Bimini.

    Most of my diving now involves an airplane and passports.

  4. I got a full bifocal prescription from them this year.  I sent them a brand new Atomic Frameless that I prefer and it came back perfect.  

    It is worth considering getting a second one  for backup if you travel on big trips.  I had a scare in Galapagos in Feb where I lost my mask early in the trip and thought I might be screwed!  Fortunately it was retrieved but it could have been a disaster.

    Edited by davehicks — Typo
  5. Been looking myself now with age and vision not getting better. So far I been able to get by using the natural magnification Objects appear 33% larger :-)

    Thanks for the link

  6. I've used these people for the past 15 years.

    Every thing has been perfect.

    And the owner, Linda, is a jewel to work with.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.