So, I created a video DREAMING OF RAJA AMPAT to share our memories and dreams about the breathtaking Raja Ampat. In this video, I used footage from our two most recent trips to Raja Ampat. Both times we stayed at Sorido Bay Resort (Dampier Strait), which is our favorite dive resort.
Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic
DREAMING OF RAJA AMPAT - 4K video HLG to 709
Started by Laval ·
- 8Posts
- 8Replies
Read-only discussion
DREAMING OF RAJA AMPAT - 4K video HLG to 709
-
Have you been dreaming of Raja Ampat recently? Me too.
So, I created a video DREAMING OF RAJA AMPAT to share our memories and dreams about the breathtaking Raja Ampat. In this video, I used footage from our two most recent trips to Raja Ampat. Both times we stayed at Sorido Bay Resort (Dampier Strait), which is our favorite dive resort.If you are interested in more technical details, please keep reading below.On the first trip I used a Sony A7Rii camera, Ikelite housing and Keldan Video lights 8X 11,000 Lumen CRI 92 (5400K). Sony A7Rii had some problems with autofocus and did not allow to set WB manually.On the second trip I used the following equipment:Camera: Sony camcorder HXR-NX80Housing: Gates AX700 / Z90 with Gates GP34A Wide Angle Port and internal UR Pro Red FilterDiopters: SAGA +5 Diopter Achromatic Close-Up Macro Lens, and SAGA +10 Diopter Achromatic Close-Up Macro LensVideo Lights: Keldan Video 8X 11,000 Lumen CRI 92 (5400K) with Keldan Ambient Filter M1 (10-20m) for 4X/8XCamera Settings: 4K, 30 FPS, Picture Profile: BT709, and on several dives - HLG picture profile.For camera settings, I used recommendations from the following article : AX700-Z90-Housing-Recommended-Settings-R2.pdfHDR clips were converted to Rec.709 color space using the following two methods:1 - FCPX HDR Tool HDR to Rec.709 SDR,2 - Leeming Camera LUT Pro Sony A - HLG to Rec.709.For reasons I could not explain, FCPX HDR Tool worked better for some clips and Leeming Camera Lut worked better for other clips.Juan Miguel Núñez Arellano provided me invaluable guidance and mentoring in shooting and grading HLG footage. You could visit his website (http://wetpixel.es) to learn more about underwater videography in general and about using HLG in UW videography. Juan's videos could be found at the following YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JUANMONTEREY/featured -
Ugh, this is on the top of the destination list when the world reopens.
-
Wonderful video, you did full justice to my underwater favorites, many thanks.
-
4 hours ago, Kraken de Mabini said:
Wonderful video, you did full justice to my underwater favorites, many thanks.
Thank you for watching and your comment.
-
Thanks so much for sharing this. We've been down south the Misool but not to Sorido Bay. Miss Raja Ampat dearly
-
16 hours ago, Kylie Jonasson said:
Thanks so much for sharing this. We've been down south the Misool but not to Sorido Bay. Miss Raja Ampat dearly
Thank you very much Kylie. I am glad you like it. We' ve been to Misool Eco Resort as well, but we like Sorido Bay Resort better, and planning to come back again as soon as travel is allowed. I am actually finalizing my movie about Sorido Bay Resort, and, if you are interested, you could follow my YouTube Channel to get unbiased information about this resort and diving at Dampier Strait.
-
Just watched it again, enjoyed it twice as much as the first time.
-
18 hours ago, Kraken de Mabini said:
Just watched it again, enjoyed it twice as much as the first time.
I am glad to hear that you like it. You may want to keep an eye on my YouTube channel, as I will be posting video "Raja Ampat - The Last Paradise" in a week or two. This will be Episode 1, which will be focused on the Sorido Bay Resort and diving at Cape Kri.