Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Heron Island images

Started by Chris Kippax ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Heron Island images

5 posts
  1. A few images I shot on a short break at Heron Island Qld Australia

    It was great to see this anemone all balled up, it was a shame I couldn't hang around for the peak of action when both fish were out but it was a led dive and they left me behind as it was.

    Canon 5dmkiv with 8-15mm fisheye

    If I had my time again I would of dropped the power down a touch on the lower strobe.

    TS560x560~4087169.jpg

     

    Blacktip reef shark, this was shot from above the water whilst standing on a jetty

    Canon 5dmkiv with 135mm f2

    TS560x560~4087184.jpg

    Green sea turtle from the Heron Bommie, If I had my time again I would of put my strobe in full rabbit ears position to get some flash on the turtle. This was shot freediving so a tad tricky to make too many adjustments

    Canon 5dmkiv with 8-15mm fisheye

    TS560x560~4087403.jpg

     

  2. Nice shots, the lower strobe is easy to correct in post, just use a lights mask and you can selectively darken just the brightest of the pixels.   The free actions panel available on this link creates the mask for you with one click.  https://goodlight.us/writing/actionspanelv3/panelv3.html

     

  3. On 12/4/2020 at 4:04 PM, ChrisRoss said:

    Nice shots, the lower strobe is easy to correct in post, just use a lights mask and you can selectively darken just the brightest of the pixels.   The free actions panel available on this link creates the mask for you with one click.  https://goodlight.us/writing/actionspanelv3/panelv3.html

     

    Thanks mate

    I will take a look

  4. Lovely work.

  5. Thank you Jholko

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.