Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Lettuce Coral?

Started by DS256 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Lettuce Coral?

4 posts
  1. I'm having a hard time with this one. Can anyone confirm this is a type of Lettuce Coral? Thanks

    Capture.JPG

  2. Not an expert, but that looks more like a sponge to me [emoji1744]

  3. I've been having trouble discerning between some corals and sponges especially with sponges that don't have many external openings. I was going by some pictures in the Humann/Deloach books. Here's another example https://reefguide.org/carib/pixhtml/lettucecoral1.html

  4. 2 hours ago, Greenjuice said:

    Not an expert, but that looks more like a sponge to me emoji1744.png

    Naah, it's a hard coral

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.