Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

AOI UH-EM5III for Olympus OMD E-M5 Mark III

Started by turandot ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

AOI UH-EM5III for Olympus OMD E-M5 Mark III

9 posts
  1. I open a new thread for the next underwater housing AOI UH-EM5III for Olympus OMD E-M5 Mark III. These are the possible specifications:

    - Port system: OM-D Mount ( extended to the Olympus OM-D system)
    - Depth Rating: 60M / 157FT.
    - Housing Body: Polycarbonate
    - Vacuum valve is built in with USB-C charging.
    - Double-layer Oring protection.
    - There is no built in flash trigger. It’ll be a separate purchase.
     ( AOI STR-003 flash trigger )

     

    The housing AOI UH-EM5III have the same OM-D Mount that Olympus Housing PT-EP08/11/14 series. 

    For M.Zuiko 8mm PRO lens Backscatter recommended AOI DLP-07 / 08 (8 inch) without extension ring setup for best image corner sharpness and AOI DLP-01 / 02 (4 inch) + AOI 22mm Extension Ring when smallest travel size is primary requirement.

    I read the AOI Ports Chart and it's also possible to mount AOI DLP-05 / 06 (4 inch) +  AOI 22mm Extension Ring for M.Zuiko 8mm PRO lens.

    AOI Ports Chart for OLYMPUS Housings. I think is the same port as OM-D Mount we've seen in EM5III housing.
    https://www.aoi-uw.com/media/wysiwyg/AOI_Ports_Chart_for_OLYMPUS_Housings.pdf

    Edited by turandot
  2. Oh for pete's sake- I just bought an M1mkIII last week; I would have held out if I knew this was on the way :)

  3. No problem, AOI UH-EM1III for Olympus OMD E-M1 Mark III.... is on the way!

  4. Man, if that's true I'll name my first born child after you.  I'm 50 and single, but hey...

  5. 3 hours ago, Wapiti said:

    Man, if that's true I'll name my first born child after you.  I'm 50 and single, but hey...

    What pressure!! :rofl:

  6. Unofficial  image AOI UH-EM5III:

    00dcaa9927834c1fae337ce03e2c9471.jpg

     

     

    Edited by turandot
  7. It's official!! The UH-EM5iii underwater housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKIII is here!! Now it's time to wait for its specs

    We have the first official image! A new colour has been presented.

     

    AOI_EM5_III_13.jpg

  8. AOI UH-EM5iii vs Nauticam NA-EM5iii

    AOI Dimensions:  206mm(W) x 182mm(H) x 114mm(D)
    AOI Weight in air: 1.340g (LCD lens hood and lanyard included, camera and accessories not included for the calculation of this weight)

    Nauticam Dimensions: 196mm(W) x 166mm(H) x 99mm(D)
    Nauticam Weight in air: 1.400g (Camera and accessories not included for the calculation of this weight)

  9.  

    AOI UH-EM5III System Chart

    DzvUAtyg_nD2UeBAJKZWeL1TGlgRJtUYSRnm80Z9

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.