Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

New Keldan Remote Control for lights

Started by John Doe II ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

New Keldan Remote Control for lights

1 posts
  1. Keldan have announced a new underwater remote control unit for lights.

    The RC1 Remote Control has 2 individual channels with a range of 50 meters.

    https://keldanlights.com/products/accessories/remote-control/1346-rc1-remote-control.html

     

    So how is this interesting? Well in another thread where I was rambling on about Zcam having an ethernet port, I was left thinking...

    " well so now I could put the video camera on the bottom or on rocks or what ever spot suits the occasion and from the boat above be able to turn the camera on and off, zoom, control exposure etc....and that's really great.....but what will I do about lights? I will just have to leave them burning and hope I get the shots I want before the batteries on the lights go flat"

    Not now. Now I will be able to turn the lights on and off from the boat - because I would not be able to get more then 50 meters away from the camera on an ethernet tether anyway.

    Really interesting setup.

     

     

    That Chinese curse is alive and well... "May you live in interesting times"

     

    Edited by John Doe II — add some thoughts
Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.