Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Need New Luggage

Started by MikeVeitch ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Need New Luggage

7 posts
  1. Need New Luggage

    I would like a big hard case for carrying my photo equipment. Just priced out the Pelican 1650 and it is $360 Canadian dollars. Very expensive if you ask me.

    Anyone know of similar hard cases that aren't so expensive?

     

    Thanks

    Mike

  2. I use one of these. I seal my camera in the housing and put that in the carry-on. Some of the other stuff goes in the hard case. I thought about getting that pelican, and decided against it because of it's weight.

     

    http://www.ebags.com/atlantic/travel_vault...m?modelid=13338

  3. One of our well travelled uw photography friends use a large Igloo ice chect with a metal strap made for the top that will accept a lock.....looks like hell but works great....they have travelled the world with 2 of them

     

    If you could get one with wheels it would be great!

     

    Karl

  4. If you could get one with wheels it would be great!

     

    I have one with wheels, and I made it some nylon straps to hold it closed with fastek buckles that I could zip tie together to "lock" it. It's ugly, but it works. Oh, and it was $30, $36 if you include the parts to make the straps. :D

  5. Eric turned me on to this discount place for hard cases. I bought a Storm case from them and have not heard of anyone having any problems with them.

     

    http://www.cases4less.com/

     

    Marty

  6. I use a Lowe Pro photo Trekker AW II. It is big enough to carry my Ikelite housing, dome, Nikon CP-5000, 19mm wide angle lens, (2) Ikelight DS-125 strobes, my 12" powerbook, ipod and speakers, and all the cords, chargers and misc adapters. The (4) 12" strobe arms go in the check in luggage. It's super heavy duty and I love it.

     

    Doug

  7. If you want a 1650 I have a spare one I can make you a deal on.

     

    John Lowther

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.