Wetpixel Live: New Camera Features for UW Photographers
Started by adamhanlon ·
2Posts
2Replies
Read-only discussion
Wetpixel Live: New Camera Features for UW Photographers
2 posts
It is inevitable that all the major camera manufacturers will be offering a range of new models in 2021. @Alex_Mustard and @adamhanlon discuss which improvements they would like to see in these to enhance their performance as underwater imaging tools.
A 50-120mm full-frame macro zoom might compel me to house the camera to go with it even if it meant changing brands!
As for high ISO I use it quite a bit. I did a Lightroom search for Canon 1DX underwater images and reproduce a segment (to keep the pixel count down) of the screen here. 12800 is ISO #1 and 6400 is ISO #2 followed by ISO 6400, 3200, and 5000.
I wonder how much of the EVF contrast issue is due to using 8-bit jpegs for the image. Low bit count is needed for a fast refresh rate - I have seen the stroboscopic effect one gets from this from screen refreshings in two situations (Nikon Z6): 1. a fast pan such as moving the camera rather fast L-R, and 2. shooting a propeller aircraft (seen it both with fixed wing and helicopters as there is a gravel runway airport between one of my salmon streams and home used by both types).