Hello fellow divers. I currently have an Oly OMD Em5 and a OMD EM1 Mkii and several lenses. I have used them both only for terrestrial photography. I also have a Cannon S90 compact and Ikelite housing that I have used for underwater, with reasonably good success. I have a sailboat and do mostly snorkeling/free diving in the tropics, and an occasional dive trip. Would like to take my underwater shooting to the next level with one of my 4/3 cameras, and am conflicted on whether to get a housing/port for the EM5 or the EM1 Mkii. I am well aware of the increased capability of the EM1, but I can get into underwater housing for the EM5 a lot cheaper. An EM5 housing would also be a bit more compact for the type of snorkeling I will be doing.
Specifically, I'm looking at the PT EP08 housing for the EM5 for $290 (new). In contrast, the housing for the EM1 mark II is about $1300 ($2200 for the Nauticam).
It looks like both housing can accept the same ports, so that cost would be the same.
I'd like to hear opinions on whether it is worth the extra $1000 to use the Em1 underwater vs the Em5?
If I go with the EM1 housing, is the Nauticam housing that much better than the Oly?