I post more photos from El Hierro, in the Canary Islands, Spain. I really beatiful island to go such in the water as in land.
Read-only discussion
I post more photos from El Hierro, in the Canary Islands, Spain. I really beatiful island to go such in the water as in land.
Thank you for sharing! Funny i was talking about it with a friend not later than last week. How is the underwater topography/geology? Keen to see more!
Hi waterpixel, diving in El hierro is very similar to the rest of the Canary Islands, but there is a reserve named "mar de las calmas" where almost all year long it's possible to dive with no matter about the weather. In the rest of the island diving is pretty much impossible due to the trade winds. The bottoms are volcanics, so you have lot of depth very close to the shore, black sand, little caves, volcanic tunnels, and lots of dive sites where in the middle of nowwhere you can find a a little lava mountain that looks like if someone has cut its shape with a knife. The star dive site it's a sleeping volcano, the bottom it's in about 70 meters and the top in 12, 4 corners, and a strong current always in the same direction. Big groupers, eagle rays, kind of thunafish, moreyeels.... You can see a pic of the place in other topic that I started a few days ago, in that pic you can see the volcano crater.
If you need more information for going there don't hesitate to contact me.
On 1/19/2021 at 9:16 PM, atus said:I post more photos from El Hierro, in the Canary Islands, Spain. I really beatiful island to go such in the water as in land.
Woooow!!.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.