1 hour ago, Tom_Kline said:
Very sad state of affairs and a good reason to avoid apps. PDFs seem to last a long time - I have a number of now multi-decade-old scientific publication pdfs (they started during the 90s) that can still be read. BTW I have the 3-volume tone. It is close to 1000 pages and weighs a bit. Probably the best resource for fishes of the region. Invertebrates might be a tougher nut to crack - the now 25 year old Coral Reef Animals of the Indo-Pacific by Gosliner et al. is a good place to start. There has been a lot of taxonomic revision since then .... One could go to Google with a genus name...
Yeah the PDFs versions are the best. Most of what I have are about 2 decades old now. So was hoping to get more recent ID books. My main issue is navigation as most are just scans of physical books and are hard to navigate.
I was able to find a 2001 PDF Publication from Zoonetics on Indonesian Reef Fishes (Kuiter and Tonozuka) . What I found most useful is the PDF is hyperlinked with the first two pages with pictures of different families. If you click on it it takes you immediately to that section and back if needed. I found myself reading that more than the others just because of the ease of use and navigation.
For crustaceans, I have the Coral Reef Crustaceans: From Red Sea to Papua (Ryanskiy), but a scanned copy.
For Corals, I don't have any references for those.