Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Socorro Islands with the Pelagic Fleet

Started by stphnmartin ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Socorro Islands with the Pelagic Fleet

10 posts
  1.  

    In November I managed to steal an adventure from and otherwise difficult 2020. After getting Covid-19 tested, keeping a temperature log and donning two masks, I ventured to the Socorro Islands for the first time with the GH5 on the Solmar V. I head read all the report of camera housings getting taxed going through customs, but we got the green light when tapping the button and all was good!

    Spent 8 days aboard the Solmar V with masked crew and divers. The crew was happy to be back at sea again after being shut down for months. I was happy to be back in warm water. Below is the video of the adventure.

     

     

     

  2. Really nice editing. Great mixture of drone, above water, and under water footage along with a good music track. I've never had the patience to do video editing,

    The Revillagigedo Islands are magical. I went a few years ago and will go back again at some point.

    Glad to hear you didn't get hit with the camera housing tax.

    - brett

  3. Nice video, going to Socorro soon. Seems like no one was really using video lights? I heard you need about 10k+ lumens for it to make sense? 

  4. I had video lights, but opted for ambient light and custom white balance. The speed at which the animals appear and disappear make it difficult to be prepared with appropriate settings and turning lights on/off. 10k lumens will probably be the minimum needed if going that route. 

  5. This got me charged up.  Still packing for a trip I leave for on Monday.  Epic!  Thanks

  6. Nice work Stephen!  I like the combination of top side and underwater footage.  You have inspired me.

    Regards, Peter

    Quote

     

     

  7. On 4/9/2021 at 10:09 PM, WanderingBob said:

    This got me charged up.  Still packing for a trip I leave for on Monday.  Epic!  Thanks

    Thanks. Hope you're swimming with mantas and whale sharks right now!

  8. 22 hours ago, Pistola55 said:

    Nice work Stephen!  I like the combination of top side and underwater footage.  You have inspired me.

    Regards, Peter

     

    Thanks Peter!

  9. Fantastic Video. Thank you for Sharing

  10. Great! Would love to go there...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.