Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

My best mistake

Started by Knightpics ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

My best mistake

8 posts
  1. What photos did you get by mistake that ended up being amazing ?

    I was really trying to get a good photo of the front of this shark but the best one I got was of his rear end 

    39A3ACB4-10F9-4020-B6E9-A227292E1A32.jpeg

  2. Wow! Love this. Very cool, Chris

  3. I think this was my best mistake. I had just switched from shooting with half-press-to-focus to using back button focus. On this shot, I completely forgot to press the AF button on the back, so the focus was purely luck!

    P5304389-Edited-2K.jpg

  4. Wooohooooooo! Another terrific mistake! Nice one,  Stuart!

  5. 22 minutes ago, TimG said:

    Wooohooooooo! Another terrific mistake! Nice one,  Stuart!

    Thanks, Tim! It was VERY lucky, for sure!

  6. 41 minutes ago, stuartv said:

    Thanks, Tim! It was VERY lucky, for sure!

    Yeah, but as Arnold Palmer said, "the more I practice the luckier I get"....

    It's a wicked shot!

  7. Good quote indeed

  8. Perhaps this shot of a Star Horseshoe Worm pulling back into it's hole?

    190319-145302-2-D850-2.jpg

     

    Or maybe this Peppermint Shrimp - the only one I've ever seen?  I had photographed an Azure Vase sponge as I went past it.  A bit later I swam over it on the way back and just took a shot straight down into it.   Thanks to having 36mp of detail available, I was able to crop in to get an image out of the shot.   It was only in post-processing that I noticed the shrimp.

    160927-232136-52-23-d810.jpg

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.