Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

printing problem

Started by AndersSch ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

printing problem

4 posts
  1. printing problem

    Hello,

    All my pictures are have a stripe at an interval of nearly 10 mm (paralell with the A4 short side) when I am printing from Photoshop (7) using my Epson R200 inkjet printer, which I run from an Macintosh iBook. I made some initial prints using an old iBook (that does not have PS), using the same printer but with no problem. I have tried to do all the tests that the printer offers, and test prints look ok, but the problem persists on real printouts. My suspicion is that the problem does not lie with th printer.

     

    I would be extremely grateful if anyonecan give me any ideas on how to solve this problem. I have unfortunately moved to a different country from where I bought the printer, so bringing it back is not an option.

    Thank you all in advance!

    Anders Schersten

  2. would recommend trying a different program to print with other than photoshop to see if the problem is with your program. If it prints correctly then maybe you need to uninstall and reinstall photoshop. If the problem persists with using another program then I would uninstall the printer software and reinstall, I also would look for any updated drivers on the manufacturer web site.

     

    Tony

  3. You should also download the latest driver for the printer and re-install it.

     

     

    **edit** In other words, what Tony said...

  4. What a simple solution, and how great is it not when it works!? Thank you a thousand times! I downloaded the latest driver this morning and I have just made a full A4 print on glossy paper, and it looks good. I am very pleased, but I also feel a bit stupid that I did not try this before asking the forum. I do want to remember that I tried this a few months ago when I realised the problem, but that may be a retrospective construction of wishful thinking. Well it does not matter now and you have made my day! Now I need to come to grips with the colour profiles as there was little resemblance between the screen and the print (not that it helps with a plasma screen laptop, but that is another problem).

     

    Thank you again!

    Anders

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.