Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

The truth about V-LOG

Started by Interceptor121 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

The truth about V-LOG

3 posts
  1. An in-depth deep dive there for sure.

    So bottom line is dont use log ? On Panasonic anyway.

    So what do you recommend to use? I know you have a GH5, but apart from that camera which camera do you think holds the best value for underwater use today?

     

    Edit: Value as in which camera do you think provides very nice footage. Not $ value as that is a different thing to each person. To some an XYZ Camera is worth it, to others they think the price is crazy for the XYZ camera and one would be better to go for the ABC camera. So not asking about that aspect but rather in your opinion which camera do you think offers some of the nicest footage for underwater use?

    Edited by John Doe II
  2. On 2/14/2021 at 9:12 AM, John Doe II said:

    An in-depth deep dive there for sure.

    So bottom line is dont use log ? On Panasonic anyway.

    So what do you recommend to use? I know you have a GH5, but apart from that camera which camera do you think holds the best value for underwater use today?

     

    Edit: Value as in which camera do you think provides very nice footage. Not $ value as that is a different thing to each person. To some an XYZ Camera is worth it, to others they think the price is crazy for the XYZ camera and one would be better to go for the ABC camera. So not asking about that aspect but rather in your opinion which camera do you think offers some of the nicest footage for underwater use?

    I did not say not to use V-LOG. What the article says is that the implementation is camera specific and in some cases does not present benefits especially for smaller sensors.

    Right now I have a GH5 and S5 from Panasonic and I am in discussion with Nauticam to see if they will make a housing for the S5 that I can use for ProRes RAW. Other than this specific constellation I am not planning any upgrade from the GH5 that meets all my current needs. There is nothing better on the market at that price point and with all the lenses I have

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.