Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

12-40 f/2.8 zoom+focus gear

Started by Eransalah ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

12-40 f/2.8 zoom+focus gear

10 posts
  1. Hello Does anyone have this lens here along with gh5 47mm port adapter 20mm extension ring I think something is wrong here Can't figure out how to install focus gear because the gear of the 47mm port  adapter is really close to zoom gear 

    5ADA1711-F226-454C-8E66-4354E26BEDA3.jpeg

    51D21DBC-4C74-47CE-9499-48138B792F83.jpeg

    C31CF87E-ED76-4D30-95FF-E9CCBC6BD3B6.jpeg

    3ADD411A-23F3-4C3C-A9D4-CB73BB41A475.jpeg

    D6378B25-8B9B-44EF-BCE1-7E7A9BEBD837.jpeg

  2. What is the actual problem?  Does the port adapter gear interfere with operation of the zoom gear?  It looks close but as long as it doesn't stop you zooming it should be fine.

  3. the focus gear inside the port adapter (small one in the photo) is very close to zoom gear and does not allow to install focus gear knob located close to the zoom wheel

    025D3976-0E33-4F71-A884-E07F3882B6A7.jpeg

  4. Yes I see that but what does it do? - interfere with installing the lens/port?  The 12-40 lens can be installed attached to the camera body on my rig.  if the gear gets in the way of doing this it is retractable, just pull it back, you can push it back after it is all installed.

  5. 23 minutes ago, ChrisRoss said:

    Yes I see that but what does it do? - interfere with installing the lens/port?  The 12-40 lens can be installed attached to the camera body on my rig.  if the gear gets in the way of doing this it is retractable, just pull it back, you can push it back after it is all installed.

    I want to buy focus gear but it can not be installed because the small knob gear on the port adapter is location near zoom lens wheel can’t phase the shift if phase it will stack in zoom gear 

    3298B0BA-1A63-41C9-9D7D-408AF88D83B9.jpeg

  6. Right, I believe you have the wrong extension/adapter, refer to the port charts here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PzZ346RG3N7XTt6s8EUC9pBL2FfxQzIE/view

    It shows the 55mm N85-N120 plus the 10mm extension ring for use with the focus gear.  If you look it up it appears the focus knob is located higher up on the 55mm adapter. 

    I would caution though to confirm with your dealer or Nauiticam that it is possible to have both zoom and focus gears installed on this lens and with that configuration - as you know the MF function requires the focus ring to be pulled back, not leaving a lot of clearance for the zoom gear to install.

    I assume you want the MF for video purposes?  You can always use back button focus with AF, so the lens only focuses when you want.  Focus on this lens is generally quite snappy.

     

  7. 5 hours ago, ChrisRoss said:

    Right, I believe you have the wrong extension/adapter, refer to the port charts here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PzZ346RG3N7XTt6s8EUC9pBL2FfxQzIE/view

    It shows the 55mm N85-N120 plus the 10mm extension ring for use with the focus gear.  If you look it up it appears the focus knob is located higher up on the 55mm adapter. 

    I would caution though to confirm with your dealer or Nauiticam that it is possible to have both zoom and focus gears installed on this lens and with that configuration - as you know the MF function requires the focus ring to be pulled back, not leaving a lot of clearance for the zoom gear to install.

    I assume you want the MF for video purposes?  You can always use back button focus with AF, so the lens only focuses when you want.  Focus on this lens is generally quite snappy.

     

    Nauticam port card shows that can also used 47mm port adapter plus 20mm extension  ring I will send an email to Nauticam thank you 

    DCBE14A4-8C37-4B03-A788-A5F167BA56A1.jpeg

  8. 21 minutes ago, Eransalah said:

    Nauticam port card shows that can also used 47mm port adapter plus 20mm extension  ring I will send an email to Nauticam thank you 

    DCBE14A4-8C37-4B03-A788-A5F167BA56A1.jpeg

    Yes that is correct but follow the lines - the zoomgear is 36045 and that goes through to the 7"dome and the 180mm dome.  The focus gear is 36065 and that branches off from the before the zoom gear to go to the 55/10mm combination - implying you need the 55-10 combination to allow MF with the gear.

    The zoom gear will still reach as it always goes to the housing zoom control.  The issue will be whether or not there is space to install both gears on the lens.

  9. 42 minutes ago, ChrisRoss said:

    Yes that is correct but follow the lines - the zoomgear is 36045 and that goes through to the 7"dome and the 180mm dome.  The focus gear is 36065 and that branches off from the before the zoom gear to go to the 55/10mm combination - implying you need the 55-10 combination to allow MF with the gear.

    The zoom gear will still reach as it always goes to the housing zoom control.  The issue will be whether or not there is space to install both gears on the lens.

    Firs thank for your time friend 3EA7BF6E-A3D9-476D-B8B6-30D06188AFB2.thumb.jpeg.b091c8190cafec780241f09bc041a315.jpegAnother example if I want to use this lens 8-18 and I want to use 180 port glass I will not be able to install Focus

    C4268306-52DB-4AF3-88D1-FDE6D437DD17.jpeg

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.