Seeking recommendations for a great online photography class
Started by LoriAnnKru ·
6Posts
6Replies
Read-only discussion
Seeking recommendations for a great online photography class
6 posts
Hi all—
I’d like to step back and do a land photography course that walks me through the nuts and bolts of manual settings.
I took a class online many years ago on iphone photography, and a follow-up course on photo editing. Both were very clear, had a very well-thought out progression from week to week, and have ultimately paid off in spades in terms of my understanding of composition and editing.
Have any of you taken one you’d recommend for land photography with your mirrorless or DSLR?
Have you also checked youtube? lots of great stuff there for free!
Thanks! I haven’t, but I do really well with a set syllabus and structure. So I’d really value an actual class.
Check out the offerings at fstoppers.com. There are several you might like, including the series by Elia Locardi. Some well known photographers also offer one to one tutorials over Skype, see Mark Denney on YT for example. Also look up Photography Online on YT - it's more like a well-produced long-format TV show than the typical videos on that platform, and very enjoyable and packed with tips including regular features on manual settings.
On 2/14/2021 at 10:03 PM, LoriAnnKru said:
Thanks! I haven’t, but I do really well with a set syllabus and structure. So I’d really value an actual class.
I would highly recommend you check youtube. There are actually some with a proper syllabus.. (Chris Bray etc). Just type in Photography course. I just found in a few seconds Harvard's photography class for free, about 20h materials
Also if you want to get familiar with manual settings, I can't stress enough to trial and error shoot while reading your camera instruction manual. Get familiar with the exposure triangle, ISO settings,