Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympis TG-6: macro with/without M52 Air Lens

Started by hedonist222 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympis TG-6: macro with/without M52 Air Lens

3 posts
  1. I was watching the backscatter promotional video where Robin says the M52 wide angle air lens reduces macro distance but not much.

    I wanted to quantify not-much.

    Here are two photos of an RFID chip that measures 7 mm.

    I made the test simple.

    I literally laid the camera down on the chip and focused.

    First without the wide angle air lens and then with.

    Photographs are worth a thousand words.

    WQwupAI.jpg

     

    dYN0XKc.jpg

    8P2QCcL.jpg

    Edited by hedonist222
  2. I'm not sure what I think at this point.

    But, you can fill the frame with a 7mm subject - assuming you can coerce it into letting your lens make contact with it.

    While comical, the point is, there is some loss working-distance in the form of magnification ?

  3. well that's always going to be the case, the dome gets in the way of getting closer.  It probably makes little difference if you are not in microscope mode.   Subtle distinction, but probably a practical limit for a great many subjects.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.