Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam monitor hood screw thread size?

Started by Isaac Szabo ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam monitor hood screw thread size?

4 posts
  1. Does anyone happen to know the thread size of the screws for securing the hood to the monitor housing on Nauticam NA-501/502 housings?

  2. It will be a metric thread and to get the size measure the OD of the threaded part - M6 x 1 screw is 6.0mm OD for example. best measured with calipers if you have them.  If you look up a thread table it will give the common sizes and their pitches, a table like this:

    https://www.trfastenings.com/products/knowledgebase/thread-geometry/metric-coarse-standard

    If you have a sample you can take to a speciality fastener retailer to be certain.

  3. Thanks Chris. If I had the monitor housing in hand, I could easily figure it out. But I'm trying to design and 3D print a hood for a friend who doesn't live near me, and I was trying to save him a trip to the hardware store to try out different screws. Getting conformation that it is a metric thread is helpful. With that information, I can probably figure it out by getting him to measure the diameter of the hole.

  4. If by chance anyone with this same question happens upon this thread in the future, the screw size is M2.5.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.