Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikonos V Servicing and Part Replacement

Started by Mwit ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikonos V Servicing and Part Replacement

8 posts
  1. Hello!

    I recently just purchased my first every Nikonos V and I am beyond excited to start shooting with it. Before I take it in the water though I want to get it professionally serviced to ensure it is waterproof and the O rings are nice and fresh. From my research it looks like the only places that will service nikonos V are pacific housing repair and Narcosis. I wondered if anyone had experience with either of these companies or had any other recommendations. I live in New England so repair places nearer to here would be ideal (if they exist). 

     

    Additionally, I am curious about servicing the factory installed O-rings. How concerned should I be with those? Also i have seen that you need a professional to service those but I am wondering how accurate that is?

     

    Last, I am in dire need of a Nikon Nikonos 35mm F2.5 UW Front Lens Cap. from poking around online it seems that these are in short supply and high in cost. Does anyone have recommendations on where to get my hands on one or a good replacement that might work? 

    thanks so much!

    Hannah

  2. Hi Hannah

    Congrats on you purchase. I used the V for years and it’s a great little camera although now that I’ve gone digital I’d never go back. 
     

    Regarding servicing the hidden o-rings, well all rubber bits dry out over time so considering this thing has likely been sitting around for a decade or more, I think you’d be wise to get them done. I can’t comment on the service places you mention. 
     

    Regarding the lens cap, I have a bin full of old Nikonos stuff. I used the 28 and 15mm lenses mostly but I might have a 35 as well that I used with tubes for macro. If I have one, you’re welcome to it. I’m away from home currently but I’ll have a look next week. 
     

    stu

    Edited by Stoo
  3. Hi Stu,

    Wow thank you so so much! this is so helpful. If you do end up having a lens cap too that would be awesome. If not though no worries and thank you for the advice!

     

  4. If Stoo does not have one I may still-I have box of caps-I sold most Nik stuff  long ago but may have a cap or two 

    I have a seconic light meter on ebay right now for Nikonos use as well-very reasobale price

  5. @Mwit

    If you can get the dimensions this is absolutely something you can have 3-D printed for you.


    I have several lens caps that were printed... 

  6. @onokai If you did have a sense laying around I would love it! 

     

  7. @oneyellowtang Oh wow okay that could be great! I will wait and see if anyone has a cap laying around already but if not I will certainly take you up on printing one. Thank you so much!

  8. Sent you a PM on cap

    Mark

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.