Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Panasonic LX10 Flash not syncing

Started by Kakuni ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Panasonic LX10 Flash not syncing

6 posts
  1. Hi 

    I am using a Panasonic LX10 with Inon Z330. I am having problem with Flash Sync. When  I put flash power full or Higher , Flash is not syncing but in lower power it works fine.  I did not change any settings of the Camera . Do you know how to solve this? Is it a cable or preflash issue? 

    Thanks

  2. 52 minutes ago, Kakuni said:

     

    Hi 

    I am using a Panasonic LX10 with Inon Z330. I am having problem with Flash Sync. When  I put flash power full or Higher , Flash is not syncing but in lower power it works fine.  I did not change any settings of the Camera . Do you know how to solve this? Is it a cable or preflash issue? 

    Thanks

    I think I get what you are saying - the strobe syncs and appears in your image but not if you use full power.  I'm assuming the LX-10 is TTL flash only.  What are your settings - camera and strobe, are you trying to shoot the Z-330 in TTL or manual?   If you are talking full power I guess you are in manual on the Z330.   What position is the ACC button - the RH button you push and turn to lock in, I'm assuming it's out.  My Z-240 does exactly the same thing on full power with my Olympus.

    I suspect the strobe is flashing at both the pre-flash and main flash and the capacitor is drained by the pre-flash.  If you are in manual and you give it the pre-flash it gives a full power dump.  The Z-240 with the cancel circuit on where it supposed to ignore the pre-flash, is still actually flashing on both pulses but just doesn't do anything with it.

    You can test this by setting up the camera and take a shot with the flash in rear curtain sync with a very low shutter speed, 1/2 sec is slow enough to see both flashes .  The pre-flash goes off at the start of the exposure and the main flash at the end so you can see both flashes. 

  3. Hi Chris

    It works fine once I disable the Strobe ACC.

    Thanks 

     

  4. 6 hours ago, Kakuni said:

    Hi Chris

    It works fine once I disable the Strobe ACC.

    Thanks 

     

    OK, good, so the LX-10 has an manual flash option then?

  5. Hi 

    LX10 has TTL but it works fine when when CC it disabled in Strobe. I am not sure about the science here :) 

    I keep Flash power -2, First Curtain in Camera. 

    Thanks

     

     

     

  6. OK, I think I'm getting confused with the terms we are using.  The LX-10 is TTL only and you've turned flash power to minimum on camera.  The strobe is in manual and it sees two signals which means it discharges twice.  It will do this with the ACCC circuit on or the ACC circuit off - it makes no difference.  What it does mean is that you can't use full power from the strobes unless you have a manual flash on camera.  And half power is probably marginal.  Luckily the LX-10 probably doesn't need full power, you only need to stop down to around f5.6 or so with the 1"sensor as the depth of field is greater on small sensors.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.