I’ve recently been playing around on this theme (in the bath only so far)
Trim weights added to 8” acrylic dome. This in combination with a ~300g net buoyancy arm that spans between the handles just above the eye piece, puts the housing just below the waterline. There is still maybe a 30degree tilt upwards from horizontal, man those acrylic are floaty!
This is with no strobes/arms by the way. I have separately weighted one ‘arm system’ that comprises a Inon z240 and a LFM video light on a triple ball clamp. These are on 8” (narrow) + 6” (fat) float arms. This ‘arm system’ is about 200g negative. With the pair added to the slightly positive housing, I’m hoping I’ll end up with the whole thing neutral and maybe a tad negative.
Too big to float the whole system freely in the bath, so trial run at Capernwray soon!

My off camera video lights (Scubalamp v6k pro) are very negative (about 750g + in real life). Carrying two has a massive impact on my weighting, so I’ve been trying to find a way to overcome this.
Enter the stealth (not) float! It results in ~100g net negative in fresh (the bath). The shape is an added bonus as if I lay them down in a rocky area, a bit of weight added to the back (shown here as a finger) will point the light upwards, avoiding a hotspot on the ground.
They are a bit big, but hopefully better than acting as an anchor!

Any feedback or ideas welcome
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk