I have a Raja Ampat trip in 2022, for which I want to get travel insurance. I've had DAN insurance for 20+ years (their annual plan) and always an additional "trip-specific" policy when I travel overseas. (overkill?) (Trip-specific meaning a separate plan I buy for a 2 week (+/-) day dive trip). I only take a couple trips a year.
I'm wondering what travel insurance plans people are getting these days for overseas trips?
Do I need a "trip-specific plan" if I have annual coverage?
Do you prefer DAN or DiveAssure for the annual plan - or another?
Do I need annual coverage at all?
What "trip-specific" carriers have you had good luck with?
In a perfect world, the plan would include coverage for the following:
- All the normal stuff (medical, trip cancellation, travel delay, lost bags, repatriation of remains ...) and so forth - but ALSO
- Cancellation for days you can't dive (for sickness or weather or...)
- Some sort of gear / camera loss coverage
- Covid coverage (many seem to have that now - although I'm not sure how good it is)
- Competitively priced
I've had good luck with Generali, RoamRight, and IMG. I have never insured my trip-specific holiday through DAN or DiveAssure but they appear to have interesting coverages for those things I listed above.
Thank you!