Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Wetpixel Live: Nikonos RS Lenses on Modern Cameras

Started by adamhanlon ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Wetpixel Live: Nikonos RS Lenses on Modern Cameras

2 posts
  1. @adamhanlon chats to Harald Hordosch and Esther Boehm of Seacam about Nikonos lenses and how they convert them to work with modern Nikon SLR cameras.  They discuss the advantages of water contact optics, how Nikon's design has stood the test of time, and the process needed to update them to work with modern cameras.

     

  2. Whow - I just watched this episode and can only say that I am impressed!

    I knew, from the forum here, that old Nikonos fisheyelenses can be converted to fit on modern cameras. I hear for the first time, that also rectilinear RS WA lenses can be used (and restructured as explained in the video). WA at f 2.8 at highest optical quality - so THIS is impressive. The WACP goes in similar directions (both in principle, weight and price), but good IQ at f 2.8 seems out of reach and the restructured lenses seem to be far smaller and lighter...

    Wolfgang

    Edited by Architeuthis
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.