Does any one have experience of using a Nauticam bayonet converter (normally to convert SMC CMC 67mm macro to bayonet mount)
and used it with a INON UCL-165 67mm macro?
Ill assume the Inon lens would (if it fits) be slightly further forwards by a tad
Any thoughts any one?
Kind Regards
I can't say for sure the INON will work with the Nauticam bayonet, but both lenses are 67mm thread so will screw in OK, the question is if they will be close enough and not hit the port glass. A visual inspection of how much the lens projects behind the threads should suffice to work out if it will fit, or you could buy the INON bayonet option instead.
Thanks for the info, I have INON 67mm and LD already, was looking at moving from Inon H100/dome to the new wide angle Nauticam WWl-1b, hence require conversion of my 67mm Inon UCL-165's so I can swop easy mid dive.
The Inons UCL_165 are flat at the tread interface, I think the Nauticam SMC CMC lenses protrude a little at the rear, Im assuming I just zoom past the vignetting, Zooming in anyway for macro.
Kind Regards
2 hours ago, andywillett said:
Thanks for the info, I have INON 67mm and LD already, was looking at moving from Inon H100/dome to the new wide angle Nauticam WWl-1b, hence require conversion of my 67mm Inon UCL-165's so I can swop easy mid dive.
The Inons UCL_165 are flat at the tread interface, I think the Nauticam SMC CMC lenses protrude a little at the rear, Im assuming I just zoom past the vignetting, Zooming in anyway for macro.
Kind Regards
The issue you'll be up against is what to do with the WWL-1b when you take it off as it is quite a big lump at 156 dia and your housing will become 120 gr more buoyant when you remove it. Not saying it can't be done just doesn't seem super convenient.
6 hours ago, ChrisRoss said:
The issue you'll be up against is what to do with the WWL-1b when you take it off as it is quite a big lump at 156 dia and your housing will become 120 gr more buoyant when you remove it. Not saying it can't be done just doesn't seem super convenient.
Hi Chris, the upside of the new WWl-1b version is that it has a integrated float collar, and 120 gram weight I can live with quite easy
I've taken off the Inon FE underwater (LD) but as you say bit of a faff, only done when I really feel the urge. I want the Zoom through capability very versatile.
The SMC-1 protrudes about 8mm beyond the buoyant mount allowing it to get as close to the port glass as possible. The 8mm difference will reduce the amount of magnification for the UCL-165 the question is exactly how much.
Nauticam offer several buoyant mount holders that attach to mounting arms from several manufactures. This allows you to switch between WWL-1B and closeup lenses. A bit ocward with WWL-1 but still secures the lens while using the C/U lens.
16 hours ago, Phil Rudin said:
I'll have a look to the effect of my UCL-165 being mounted forwards a little, I have 3 of them so want to be able to keep and not re invest in those as well as buying the WWl/1b. I prefer to keep a common mount system for all my lenses over my 2 camera setups. Easy to swop about etc. Thank you for your input everyone.