Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

X-Adventurer M15000 Underwater Video Lights REVIEW

Started by Aquatic Images ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

X-Adventurer M15000 Underwater Video Lights REVIEW

3 posts
  1. Hi everyone

    I just released a review of the X-Adventurer M15000 underwater video light. Go check it out below!
     

     

  2. Slightly off topic but what f-stop did you use on these shots? Many of them are really soft on the corners and trying to understand whether it is that the lights are not strong enough and so you had to open the aperture or it is camera/lens/dome issue.

    Thanks

  3. The video is shot on 2 lenses, the Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 and the Sigma 18-35mm f1.8. Adapted to the GH5 with the Metabones Speedbooster Ultra. Also using the Keldan Spectrum SF-2 filter, which knocks off about 1.5 stops of light.

    For the Tokina I do get soft corners when shooting at it's widest focal, which is roughly a 16mm FF equivalent. It's an issue even if I stop down. I usually zoom in a little to counter it (to about 18mm) when I'm near the reef but I sometimes forget.

    For the Sigma I only really get it when I open the lens all the way up at it's widest focal (roughly 25mm FF eq), but it's not as visible as on the Tokina. 

     

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.