Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

What fibre optic cable for the Inon S2000?

Started by demonboy ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

What fibre optic cable for the Inon S2000?

3 posts
  1. As per my previous thread I managed to pick up a second hand Inon S2000. It doesn't come with a fibre optic cable so I need to source one (I'm in Malaysia), but I'm unsure what cable I need to attach to my Seafrogs housing for my TG-5. The Seafrogs port looks like a standard female, but I think the Inon has a protruding male connection on the underside, unless I'm looking at the wrong thing (looking at pictures as I don't have the item yet). Could anyone point me to the correct cable for this application? Thank you.

  2. You want this type:  INON cable

    the screw on end goes on the strobe, the INON cables generally come with the new wireless screw cap but they include the older cap as well - I find the easier the thread on even on the new style strobe. You can see type of connector in this video:

    https://underwater.com.au/shop/inon-optical-d-cable-m11-adapter-set.html

    There are other suppliers beside INON who will sell this style cable, you can see the shape of the connector in the links.

     

    Edited by ChrisRoss
  3. Thanks for the info, Chris, and for the link too. I've just ordered one.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.