9 hours ago, dp4610yz said:
Go for the R series, it is the next chapter...
Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
I can see the temptation, but u/w so much depends on the lenses and not the bodies (as Hetland suggests in his initial post).
Making sure you can use the lenses you need is the key part, I'd suggest. The camera bodies are almost becoming the cheap bit of the package and the one that is changed more often (and the housing to go with it!).
Not being a Canon user (sorry!) I don't know whether the R body can use the older lenses that folks are used to with the EF mounts. For example the Nikon Z needs an adaptor to use the classic u/w lenses like the 60mm and 105mm. There is currently no Z-mount equivalent.
So before deciding on the Canon R, are the lenses you want available, can they be used on the R and, maybe even more important, what are they like u/w? Especially the wide-angle which are notoriously tricky to house effectively.
The newest technology is not necessarily the best underwater. (even though that's what lots of us want)
Just some thoughts.