Using Olympus 5050, Ikelite Housing and single D180
Apologies if such questions have been asked before... but being new here I find that though searching through tons of post to may get you the answers you need.. it is pretty time consuming.
Then again, I did managed to pick up some niffty ideas and tricks along the way.
First I like to thank those that have replied to my PMs you fast response is deeply appreciated!
Secondly I'd like to just confirm or see help in clarifying some tips and tricks that I've picked up to see that I've got it correct.
1) Filters - Do I still need to use filters for macro shots? Or is it just for Wide Angle blue water shots? Craig has some very SOLID photos by using the filters on the strobe.
2) Black background - At F8.0 (Max for my camera) adjusting the speed to 1/320 or higher, I am able to get black background in order to highlight my subject?
3) File formats - Right now I'm saving them under TIFF. Comparing both TIFF and RAW which is better for prints and quality? Why is TIFF bigger in file size?
4) Lastly, I'd like to seek comments on how to improve the results of the photos based on the ones I have so far.
Cheers.
Ivan.