Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

It's a bad memory

Started by fdog ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

It's a bad memory

1 posts
  1. It's a bad memory

    I am not impressed with SanDisk memory. Again. I should know better.

     

    Just bought a Canon ELPH SD200 yesterday (a slip-into-the-pocket tourist camera), and since the store had SanDisk SD cards on sale, picked up half a gig.

     

    Worked fine in the camera, then when I slipped it into the card reader, my desktop machine reported "corrupt" and unreadable. The same with my laptop. Every round trip back into the camera required a card format.

     

    The store replaced the card, and yup...happened again.

     

    After getting my money back, I picked up Lexar High-speed SD memory. Works fine. I've always sworn that the least I'd use was Lexar memory; I have no idea why I succumbed this time. I guess I wasn't thinking, just because it was this new-fangled SD stuff...

     

    *sound of head banging wall*

     

    All the best, James

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.