Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Inon 115 mini dome for Aquatica housing

Started by JWNZ ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Inon 115 mini dome for Aquatica housing

5 posts
  1. Hi.

    Im interested in getting a mini dome for WAM using my Aquatica 5D Mark III and Canon 8-15 fisheye.

    Would the Inon 115 dome port be suitable and compatible, as an alternative to the 100mm domes from other brands (Aquatica, Zen, Saga?).

    Any advice appreciated

    cheers

     

  2. INON gear is normally good quality, however they need to make a dome with bayonet suitable for your Aquatica housing.  Looking at the information available on the websites I see no mention of making them in different bayonet mounts.  I also note that the illustrations show the INON 115 port is not a full 180° hemisphere, which effectively means to get the 180° field without vignetting the lens need to be placed well forward of the optimal position in the port, so it will not be as good optically as other domes.  The Zen and Aquatica domes are both 180° hemispheres so should work fine.   The Zen dome has the extension built in, while the Aquatica dome requires an additional extension ring. 

    The optical quality in a 4" dome may not be as good as in larger domes, but many use these 4" domes for CFWA and are happy with the results.  Be sure to order a model with removable sunshade if you want to use the circular fisheye end of the range. 

  3. Thanks for the advice Chris, very much appreciated. I have the Aquatica extension for using my fisheye with larger domes already, so maybe I should go with the Aquatica 100mm then. Cheers for replying to quickly.

  4. 2 hours ago, JWNZ said:

    Thanks for the advice Chris, very much appreciated. I have the Aquatica extension for using my fisheye with larger domes already, so maybe I should go with the Aquatica 100mm then. Cheers for replying to quickly.

    No Problem, yes, seems like a good plan, as all the domes take the same extension.

    Edited by ChrisRoss
  5. Also I’ve read using a Kenko 1.4 TC helps for certain WAM shots. Which model Kenko 1.4 TC is the one to get?

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.