As far as whale shark encounters go (and I've had a few) this one was close to perfect! Just a small group of mostly camera professionals and 2 hours with a highly curious individual. He just kept circling and coming back to us for the entire 2 dives we had with it. He also seemed genuinely interested in our cameras, and would come closer to view his own reflection in our dome ports or even curiously react when he heard shutters going off. Very fun!!
Here's the video, enjoy it on your largest screen
Wow, wonderful shooting and color correction.
What camera are you using? The must question is: CC only, red filter, MWB, blue filter, etc.?
If I may say so, I don't really like all slow motion video. I would have only used SM for certain scenes. But it is beautiful.
Personally I quite like the slow motion effect. The experience of the dive itself was that of a gentle interaction and I feel the slow motion effect shows that well.
Thanks for watching
Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
Which dome/estension is compatible with sigma and metabones?
I shoot with Ikelite, the ports I use are;
#75028 and #75042
With the 8" DL Dome
It's a pretty perfect match up. Some reduction in corner sharpness when shooting wide open, but just at the far edges.
I know Nauticam also have a port setup ready to go for it
I enjoyed that very much, thanks for sharing.
I felt sorry for the whale shark having to drag all the hitch hikers,
Hahah yeah well, I doubt they notice much. They got some serious power in that mono fin!
Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
Nicely done! Different angles and corals in the frame make it less monotonous.
Maybe the whaleshark want to get rid of some remora. It also looks skinny with its gaunt stomach i guess
globaldivemedia.com
We thought it looked chunky haha. Thank you!
Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
That was awesome, Thanks for sharing! I was so taken in by the steady slow shooting, great color, and mixture of wide and close shots that I didn't even realize it some of it was slow motion until reading the comments!
That was awesome, Thanks for sharing! I was so taken in by the steady slow shooting, great color, and mixture of wide and close shots that I didn't even realize it some of it was slow motion until reading the comments!
Thank you so much, glad you liked it [emoji4][emoji120]
Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
Awesome
That looks and sounds like an amazing interaction! I think this has to be top of my bucket list for diving adventures. Thank you for sharing!
That looks and sounds like an amazing interaction! I think this has to be top of my bucket list for diving adventures. Thank you for sharing!