I have a Nauticam housing with their vacuum system. For a morning dive, I usually seal my camera the night before, and if the light is still green in the morning, I'm happy to dive.
A few days ago I installed a 45º view finder, and I'm off on a dusk dive this evening. In the morning I sealed and vacuumed my housing. At lunch, the light was fluttering between orange and green.
I've opened it and inspected the port, viewfinder and main o-rings, re-sealed and re-vacuumed it.
But I'm not sure if I vacuumed it enough initially, and if the orange flicker was just the sensor adjusting to temperature fluctuations. My central heating kicks on at 6:30 am, and I sealed my housing around 8:30am, while the house was reasonably warm. Heating turns off again at 9am, so at lunch time the temp has dropped a few degrees.
When I pumped the vacuum, I stopped mid-stroke on the pump just as the light turned green. Is this sufficient, or should I give it a little bit more suck after the light goes green to allow for temperature fluctuations?