Hello! As you all know, Sony doesn't have a native fisheye lens with the exception of the converter on the 28mm F2 lens. Have you any of you used that set up with the converter? If so, I would love to hear your experience. Thank you!
Sincerely,
Wes
Read-only discussion
Hello! As you all know, Sony doesn't have a native fisheye lens with the exception of the converter on the 28mm F2 lens. Have you any of you used that set up with the converter? If so, I would love to hear your experience. Thank you!
Sincerely,
Wes
Used it and was not impressed. Requires the same port as the Sigma 15mm fisheye except with the 30mm extension. If you already own the Sony FE 28mm F/2 then it can get you in the ballpark but the real fisheye's for Sony like Canon 8-15 or Sigma 15mm are much better choices.
2 hours ago, Phil Rudin said:Used it and was not impressed. Requires the same port as the Sigma 15mm fisheye except with the 30mm extension. If you already own the Sony FE 28mm F/2 then it can get you in the ballpark but the real fisheye's for Sony like Canon 8-15 or Sigma 15mm are much better choices.
Thank you! I have the sigma 15mm fisheye with the mc11 adapter but haven't used it underwater. I hear the autofocus will be extremely slow underwater so I'm thinking of going with the sony 28mm f2 converter. Not sure what to do....
10 minutes ago, WesleyD said:Thank you! I have the sigma 15mm fisheye with the mc11 adapter but haven't used it underwater. I hear the autofocus will be extremely slow underwater so I'm thinking of going with the sony 28mm f2 converter. Not sure what to do....
I've been using a Canon 8-15 on a Metabones converter with my A7RIV and the autofocus speed is very good. I have a friend using the Sigma 15/MC11 combination on their A7RIII underwater and they are aren't having any issues with slow autofocus either.
3 hours ago, Gudge said:I've been using a Canon 8-15 on a Metabones converter with my A7RIV and the autofocus speed is very good. I have a friend using the Sigma 15/MC11 combination on their A7RIII underwater and they are aren't having any issues with slow autofocus either.
Thank you! So if I have the A7III, that shouldn't be a problem I assume since the autofocus is the same on the a7riii?
2 hours ago, WesleyD said:Thank you! So if I have the A7III, that shouldn't be a problem I assume since the autofocus is the same on the a7riii?
Be careful of which mount you have with the sigma! Apparently, Sigma 15mm with Canon EF mount do not work well on the MC-11 (EF-E). If you have the sigma 15mm with Sigma SA mount, then the MC-11 SA version should be fine.
I have the A7RIII with the sigma 15mm fisheye with canon EF mount and the MC-11 converter. Did two dives with it last weekend in Adelaide and did not notice any issues on the focusing front. The next day I swapped to the 16-35mm wide angle and I don't recall thinking one option was slower than the other. Its a cheaper means of getting a fisheye option for the Sony than doing the Canon 8-15mm with the metabones converter.
Edit : I have ordered a Metabones IV and will compare Sigma MC-11 vs Metavones IV on the Sigma 15mm EF mount. (i have an A7iii)
Let's see..!
On 5/29/2021 at 12:17 AM, waterpixel said:Edit : I have ordered a Metabones IV and will compare Sigma MC-11 vs Metavones IV on the Sigma 15mm EF mount. (i have an A7iii)
Let's see..!
the autofocus for me with the mc11 and sigma 15 is pretty fast!
On 5/29/2021 at 12:17 AM, waterpixel said:Edit : I have ordered a Metabones IV and will compare Sigma MC-11 vs Metavones IV on the Sigma 15mm EF mount. (i have an A7iii)
Let's see..!
Yes, please do! I look forward to hearing about your experience. Just followed on instagram.
If you are at all nostalgic Sony has recently introduced the E-mount LA-EA5 lens adapter. This adapter allows the use of both Sony-A mount and Minolta lenses. That means it can be used with SSM and SAM lenses with full AF even the lenses that don't have a motor. This allows you to use among others the Sony 16mm F/2.8 Fisheye, the 200mm F/4 macro and many other lenses that can be found in the used market. The Sony 16 fisheye does not focus as close (21cm) as many more modern fisheyes like Canon 8-15mm at 15cm but the Sony can get the job done it you are not shooting very close CFWA. The lens also has three built in filters, A 12, O 56 and B 12. This is not a lens I would necessarily recommend it you don't intend to use the adapter with other A-mount lenses. I appears to work well in the Nauticam 140mm dome port. The LightRoom lens profiles look horrible but if unchecked the images look as shot.
Lens and adapter photo.
On 6/3/2021 at 9:41 AM, Phil Rudin said:If you are at all nostalgic Sony has recently introduced the E-mount LA-EA5 lens adapter. This adapter allows the use of both Sony-A mount and Minolta lenses. That means it can be used with SSM and SAM lenses with full AF even the lenses that don't have a motor. This allows you to use among others the Sony 16mm F/2.8 Fisheye, the 200mm F/4 macro and many other lenses that can be found in the used market. The Sony 16 fisheye does not focus as close (21cm) as many more modern fisheyes like Canon 8-15mm at 15cm but the Sony can get the job done it you are not shooting very close CFWA. The lens also has three built in filters, A 12, O 56 and B 12. This is not a lens I would necessarily recommend it you don't intend to use the adapter with other A-mount lenses. I appears to work well in the Nauticam 140mm dome port. The LightRoom lens profiles look horrible but if unchecked the images look as shot.
Lens and adapter photo.
thank you!
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.