Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Fakarava Video light question

Started by robovet ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Fakarava Video light question

5 posts
  1. I'm going to Fakarava for the grouper spawning and shark action. I'm gonna be shooting stills with a Sony A7RIII + 8-15m in a  nauticam + Inon Z-330's.  I will probably try to capture video on a couple of the dives. My question is whether to take video lights with me (there are some weight restrictions). I have a couple Kraken  solar flare mini's(12,000 Lumens), and also a couple 3800 lumens Itorch lights.

    I'm not sure if it's worth dragging the video lights along. Any opinions on whether ambient light is adequate for video in french Polynesia ?

     

    Thanks

  2. Looking at Laurent Ballesta documentaries there are shots of the groupers with and without lights. It seems shallows so I guess a good wb should help. But I see that action occurs mainly in the night.

  3. I've sent you a PM with Davide's suggestion, it's on Youtube !

  4. Thanks to all for the replies, I guess I will take some video lights in case they offer a night dive.

     

    Appreciate the links ---

     

    Marc

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.