Hi, I've been wondering, is there a difference of quality between a cheap head / hand strap bought from Ali express, Amazon or else (for example) or an other brand more expensive really made for UW (if that even exists) ? Is it the same quality in the end or you really need a head / hand strap specially made for being water resistant 'cause as far as I know the tissue of the elastic in water will most probably degrade with the time. I heard a shoulder strap mount is the prime choice when scuba diving, is that so ? If so what is the best quality brand to buy ?
Thanks for the help !
Well, cheap stuff is always a lottery. You can get something that is a perfect fit for your purpose, but you can get something that does not fill nice, strong, well done. The best thing those cheap accessories have is that if you do not like then, you do not loose too much.
but I would say it is not the most important thing in your question.
You are looking for a head support for the go pro. I think it is not the best support for nice and steady clips. Besides that, it seams to me that it can be easily lost during a dive.
Ok thanks.
A good way to get stable video using a GoPro underwater is a tray mount. If you Google them on Amazon, there are loads of them from about $17 upwards.
I'd have thought either a head or shoulder mount would be inherintly unstable and, perhaps more importantly, be very risky in terms of losing the camera.
Head mounts are not great for scuba, as your exhaled bubbles are constantly in view.
I think the best way is some kind of hand mount. This allows you to point the camera in the direction of the action.
I have used camera trays that have been designed for compact cameras and added a GoPro mount.