**EDIT: I have realised I put this in the photo section, not the video section. Apologies, if a mod gets to move it, that would be great.**
Hello WetPixel! This is my first post as I take a bit of a dive into the pointy end of underwater camera gear so please be gentle.
I am moving from a GoPro mounted to the front of my DPV which I have been using to shoot video on deep wrecks over the past few years. After a number of expeditions with some questionable footage, I thought that investing in to a decent camera would yield some better results.
I'm looking at an a7Siii in with the WWl-1B but I'm wanting to know more about the lens and what it will offer me if I go for the fixed 28mm or the 28-60mm option. I have read many of @Phil Rudin's posts which have been very helpful in clearing up an concerns I have over going this way due to quality, and also his references in terms of understanding what these wet lens' actually do.
So I suppose my question is, 28mm fixed or go for the zoom for more options, even if that is going to be more useful getting footage on the surface.
I may well have completely missed some other important point, but like I said, I'm very new to this level of kit.
Cheers,
Dave
If it helps, this is a link to my most recent video I put together after a dive. I'm basically looking to do a similar thing, but with a better camera. I did have a light fail before the dive on this one, so on the bottom it is dark and I'm really under gunned on the light.