Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus EM1MK2 rear button (video) focus and peaking

Started by andywillett ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus EM1MK2 rear button (video) focus and peaking

3 posts
  1. Hi all

    Can any one help, I've set my  rear button focus (video) on my Olympus  EM1mk2  and also have set the front button to SAF.

    I can update the focus  by either button, all good so far

    However if I turn on Peaking, the peaking has to be turned on every time I use back button focus, but the peaking stays on with the front release.

     

    Any ideas why this is?

     

    Kind Regards

    Andy 

     

    Edited by andywillett — typo
  2. It has to do most likely with the fact that all back and menu are customisable and the shutter isn't so each time you take a custom button is like you are using one function at time and you can't have both at the same time if that makes sense?

  3. Hi thank you, I guessed it was just a limitation of options

    Just checking just in case I was missing something or there was a work around i could try. 

    Thank you

     

     

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.