I did a couple of blackwater dives with my Sony A6300 recently, and found that the 90mm (the only macro lens that I have) is somewhat too slow and prone to focusing on particles in the water, while the 16-50mm is fast, but doesn't have the needed macro capability - I could shoot the baby squids and jellyfish, but not much else.
Between Sony 30mm f/3.5, Sony 50mm f/2.8 and Zeiss Touit 50mm f/2.8, which one would be the optimal choice? I was told by a D500 user that 60mm macro is the most optimal choice for them, but I haven't seen either of the Sony 50mm options being praised for speed, so I'm actually leaning towards the 30mm - it's small, relatively cheap, the comparably wide FoV should aid with subject acquisition, and focus should be snappy. Is there anything that I'm missing with this line of reasoning? I just signed up for a blackwater-focused liveaboard trip, and I want to be fully equipped before I head out