Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Padded travel bag for Zen DP100?

Started by Architeuthis ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Padded travel bag for Zen DP100?

7 posts
  1. 2 hours ago, TimG said:

    This maybe, Wolfgang?

    https://www.cinebagsunderwater.com/product-page/cb73-port-pouch-fish-

    I've got the Grouper case and it’s excellent 

    The Cinebag looks good. I will probably order one.

     

    The dimensions of the Cinebag are 6*6*4 (inches), while the bag for the Nauticam 140 dome (linked above) is, according to my measurement, 7.5*7.5*5.5. I assume the 6*6*4 is the smallest possible to store the DP100, or is there anything smaller (but stille sturdy and well protecting the domeport during transport) available?

     

    Wolfgang

    Edited by Architeuthis
  2. I don't know Wolfgang. I just had a quick look on the Cinebags website as I thought they had a suitable bag and I am very happy with mine: a quality product. (at a price!)

  3. Great advice here, the idea with the tupperware is very nice...

    I also asked at Zen and Phil Burghard wrote me that the Cinebag CB73 fisheye  bag is just designes for the Zen DP100, so I will order one. I will write later how it compares to the Nauticam travel bag...

     

    Wolfgang

    Edited by Architeuthis
  4. 17 hours ago, davehicks said:

    I often use a plastic food container for my dome ports. They are available in many sizes and provide more rigid protection than a padded bag. And are a lot cheaper. Just add some microfiber towels that you might use to dry your camera on the trip as padding.

    Amazon.com: DecorRack Food Storage Container, 5 Quarts, Plastic, Food Grade Safe, Heavy Duty Dry Storage Containers, Round Large Food Container with Airtight Lid (1 Bowl): Home Improvement

    Another option I’ve used is household paint containers. Empty of course!

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.